Share your Communication Story
Help improve public understanding of the need to improve access to effective communication. Whether you were born with or acquired your speech-related disability or condition later in life, we’d love to hear your story. If you need help getting started, you may consider answering some of the following questions:
- What communication methods, tools, or supports do you use to express yourself best?
- What was it like before you were able to communicate effectively?
- What did it take for you to find and be able to use communication tools and supports that worked for you?
- As a person who communicates in unconventional ways, what have your experiences with school, jobs, friends, health care, recreation, transportation, and daily living been like?
- What are your favorite things to do?
- Have you have ever felt discriminated against because of your communication disability or condition? If so, how?
We will review all submissions and will contact you if we'd like to publish yours. Send any questions and stories in the form of writing, photos, art, or videos to email@example.com.
Stay in Touch!
Join other individuals, families, and allies to become part of the first national movement dedicated to protecting, defending, and advancing the civil rights of people with speech-related disabilities. Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates by email.